What is ERP software?
Enterprise Resource Planning software, or ERP software, is a powerful type of business software that helps companies to improve the efficiency and productivity of their operations.
ERP software works by collecting the data produced throughout an organization and storing that data in a single, centralized database.
By centralizing company data, ERP software allows the data produced by company departments to be analyzed collectively, rather than in isolation.
Ultimately, ERP software allows companies to gain greater insight from their data and make more rapid, intelligent strategic business decisions.
What Does ERP Software Do for Distribution Companies?
Distribution companies that implement an ERP software solution start realizing the benefits of ERP software immediately.
ERP software allows distribution companies to:
- Analyze data in real time
- Create detailed reports
- Perform accurate forecasting
- Automate tasks and processes
Why Distribution Companies Should Adopt ERP Software
ERP software enables distribution companies to:
Accurate track inventory
With ERP software, distribution companies are able to:
- Know at all times the exact inventory of their warehouses
- Predict when shortages or overages of inventory might occur
Perform accurate forecasting
By performing deep analysis of company data, ERP software can help management accurately forecast increases and decreases in customer demand so that inventory levels can be adjusted accordingly.
Share information with vendors and customers
The most competitive distribution companies share real-time information with vendors and customers so that quick decisions can be made when necessary. ERP software gives distribution companies this ability, helping to eliminate costly delays and errors in business operations.
What to Look for in an ERP Software Solution
There are different types of ERP softwares such as public vs private cloud options. Here a few features you should look for in your ERP software solution.
- Remote accessibility: In the modern business world, companies typically have a mixture of employees working at an office and employees working remotely. So, it is important that ERP software solutions for distribution companies be accessible over the Internet and from any device, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
- Powerful integrations: Distribution companies, like almost all other companies, are already using software that employees have become used to. The ERP software solution chosen by a distribution company should integrate with the existing software.
- Reliability: If the ERP software implemented by a distribution company is constantly experiencing downtime, the ERP solution can become more of a problem than a helpful tool. Distribution companies looking to implement an ERP solution should consider using Cloud-based ERP software that is maintained by trained and experienced ERP software engineers.
How S-Metric can Help Tailor an ERP Software Solution for your Distribution Company
If you are looking for an ERP software solution that is customized specifically for your distribution company, S-Metric can help implement Acumatica ERP . & Microsoft Dynamics Business Central.
S-Metric specializes in implementing ERP software solutions for distribution companies.
When implementing ERP software solutions for distribution companies, S-Metric follows industry best practices so that companies are able to realize all of the benefits that ERP software has to offer.
S-Metric works with your company for each step along the way of the ERP software implementation process, including:
- Analysis, to precisely understand the needs of your distribution company
- Integration, to make sure your ERP software solution works with the software that your distribution company is already using
- Implementation, to ensure a successful deployment of the ERP software solution developed just for your distribution company
- Customization, to meet the exact needs of your distribution company
The S-Metric team is made up of a variety of professionals, including attorneys and CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), whose combined expertise all contribute to building for your distribution company the best ERP software solution possible.
Contact the S-Metric team today and learn how an ERP software solution can be tailored just for your distribution company.